About Me

My photo
Helllllo there I'm Amy :) I am a graduate with a 2:1 degree in Stop Motion animation. My main specialty is creating characters and environments using fabric such as felt. This blog is just a place for me to share some of my work. I have a long way to go still but, I'm determined to improve my skills and someday make a living out of something I'm passionate about :) I hope you all enjoy viewing my blog and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I don't bite :)

28 April 2014

Company Review 3 - Cartoon Network Studios

Another company review for you all to see!

And here we have the studio that produced some of my most favourite cartoons!

AND IT'S CARTOON NETWORK STUDIOS. 


(I miss these..)

But anyway back to business! The studio was founded in 1994 as a joint division of Hanna-Babera Cartoons Inc. The studios aim was to produce original animated programming. After three years of joint partnership, Cartoon Network split off from Hanna-Babera and became a seperate studio.

The studio was responsible for creating some of the best ( in my opinion) animated kid's shows in the last two decades.

These include -

Dexter's Laboratory - Created by Genndy Tartakovsky.


Johnny Bravo - Created by Van Partible.


Ed, Edd n Eddy - Created by  Danny Antonucci

And one of my all time favourites..


The Powerpuff Girls - Created by Craig McCracken

(I love this show a unhealthy amount..)

Despite the studio producing most of my favourite shows from childhood, it isn't the only reason I chose to speak about them. I don't believe this is being done as much nowadays but I admire the fact that the show's creators collaborated together. Craig McCracken and Genndy Tartakovsky have both worked on each others shows, whether it was directing or even storyboarding particular episodes. I find this collaborative effort between both parties extremely admirable, and I don't believe either shows would be the same without it. To me, creating a good animated series, film or even something as small as a advertisement is team effort, and I believe animated content normally turns out better when more heads are involved if you get my drift :)

But moving on, even though most of the shows have remained independent, each show has its own distinct style and feel. You can see how each creator has put a stamp on their work whether its down to the character designs, backgrounds or even the storylines present in the shows. This is a smart move in the studio's behalf because they know how to keep things fresh for a young audience. 

When it comes to the design of the characters from Cartoon Network productions, I love their unusual and bizarre proportions. They always try to push the boundaries with what they can do. Despite the fact I am a stop motion animator, I still appreciate 2D animation like this and it inspires me and it will continue to inspire me in future with my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Don't be shy!