About Me

My photo
Helllllo there I'm Amy :) I am a graduate with a 2:1 degree in Stop Motion animation. My main specialty is creating characters and environments using fabric such as felt. This blog is just a place for me to share some of my work. I have a long way to go still but, I'm determined to improve my skills and someday make a living out of something I'm passionate about :) I hope you all enjoy viewing my blog and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I don't bite :)

28 February 2013

Feltie Stars




Here is a small scale version of the stars I am going to make for my film. I know they are not shaped like a traditional star but I thought why not and decided to keep it an unusual shape. I worked on top of a soft foam base and joined the four extra smaller pieces by pinning them in to the larger foam piece using needle felting. I covered it entirely with yellow wool. I also added a bit of orange just to make it look less bland.

I plan on making quite a few of these for the big scene in my film when my main character will be jumping on them. I'm dreading animating and making the set for this but I'm hoping it will work out. They will probably be slightly different sizes and shapes plus they will probably all have a metal inside as a means of rigging and tie downs for when my character makes contact with them. I have thought of somehow placing a strong magnet in each one but that would require more money being spent that I don't really have. But we will see I will manage somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Don't be shy!