About Me

My photo
Helllllo there I'm Amy :) I am a graduate with a 2:1 degree in Stop Motion animation. My main specialty is creating characters and environments using fabric such as felt. This blog is just a place for me to share some of my work. I have a long way to go still but, I'm determined to improve my skills and someday make a living out of something I'm passionate about :) I hope you all enjoy viewing my blog and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I don't bite :)

28 February 2013

Male Armature and building up of head


                                                





My main character's armature is nearly complete just missing the hands that are being made as we speak!

The armature is made from good old aluminium wire and K & S tubing to separate the joints. As he will doing a lot of jumping he has four rigging points! Two on his waist and two of his torso. Plus he will have magnet feet! So I'm hoping there will no chance of him falling over.

To build up the head, I cut and shaped a piece of soft foam and stitched into it with the method of needle felting. I poked into the foam structure until the head was completely covered in flesh coloured wool. I also added ears afterwards. I did this by just getting small pieces of wool and stabbed them together until the fibres of the wool condensed to the appropriate shape and I then stitched them to the side of the head.

I used the same method as I did with the head to make the hair. I wanted to make the hair slightly pose-able but I had trouble getting wire inside the foam structure so I decided to leave it and continue. I am more concerned as to whether the body will move correctly and if I get the opportunity to use similar techniques again, I will make sure to somehow get the hair to move appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Don't be shy!