About Me

My photo
Helllllo there I'm Amy :) I am a graduate with a 2:1 degree in Stop Motion animation. My main specialty is creating characters and environments using fabric such as felt. This blog is just a place for me to share some of my work. I have a long way to go still but, I'm determined to improve my skills and someday make a living out of something I'm passionate about :) I hope you all enjoy viewing my blog and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I don't bite :)

23 November 2012

Two Part Mould Part 2




Here's some pictures of me mixing and pouring the plaster for my arm moulds (Hope you all like my hat hehe..) PLEASE NOTE: DON'T MAKE YOUR MOULDS AS BIG AS I HAVE.. whoops.. my lecturer Martin said it's a unecessary waste of plaster that could be used for something else. When I first made the mould, I thought it would be best to leave plenty of space around the sculpted arms but I went a bit overboard haha I know better for next time. Back onto the plaster, I mixed it the same way as the one part mould I made previously but I mixed it inside a bowl as I had a lot more to mix. Once the plaster was the consistency of double cream, I poured it into the mould box. I poured it in near the wall and let it run over the arms until they were completely immersed in plaster. Also, I agitated the mould box just like the one part mould to get rid of any air bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Don't be shy!