About Me

My photo
Helllllo there I'm Amy :) I am a graduate with a 2:1 degree in Stop Motion animation. My main specialty is creating characters and environments using fabric such as felt. This blog is just a place for me to share some of my work. I have a long way to go still but, I'm determined to improve my skills and someday make a living out of something I'm passionate about :) I hope you all enjoy viewing my blog and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I don't bite :)

12 November 2012

1st Year Bird and Dog Armatures

Here are both the armatures I made for the Animating Animals project back in 1st Year.

The bird is meant to resemble a Canadian Goose :P
It is made from Styrofoam, aluminium wire and K & S material. 
It was all held together with hot glue and epoxy :)
I found animating a bird not so bad. The flight cycle was the easiest but the take off and landing was a tad more difficult.
Another part of the project was to animate a animal with four legs so I decided to go for a dog :P Nothing fancy about it really haha Its modelled after my own dog which is a cross between a Springer and a Cocker Spaniel. So he’s a Sprocker haha
I enjoyed making the armature but animating it was a nightmare and I just couldn’t get it right :/ Clearly I’m not a natural haha



I will also upload some of the animations for the bird in another post :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Don't be shy!